Spinach: Washed (Chopping is optional): 1 bunch or 1/2 salad box
Gram Flour (Besan): 1/2 cup
Oil: 2 tbsp
Spices: Cumin, mustard seeds, asafoetida, curcumin, dried red chilli, red chili powder
Fresh cilantro (Coriander) leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
1) Heat oil in a pan at medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add cumin, mustard seeds saute for a few seconds. Add asafoetida and curcumin.
3) Add spinach to the pan, turn frequently and let it cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until the leaves are wilted.
4) Add salt and red chili powder, mix well. (If you add salt before this step, spinach will lose water, which is not ideal)
5) Add Gram flour (Besan) one spoon at a time and mix well. (Do not add water)
6) Cook covered for 4-5 minutes, turn once each minute. While waiting, wash and chop cilantro leaves.
7) Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with hot roti or with rice and daal.